Find Relief from Your Allergies
Inhaled allergens like ragweed, grass and dust can cause significant discomfort. We test for these common allergens by simple pricks on the skin of the forearm. We find that many patients benefit from allergy shots, and we use your test information to guide your personalized therapy. We also offer blood testing (RAST) and provide sublingual immunotherapy. Our ENT physicians are trained in the diagnosis, treatment and management of allergies and asthma and offer proven treatment plans to ease your seasonal or year-round suffering.
See an Allergist if
- Over-the-counter medications and antihistamines aren’t effectively managing your symptoms.
- Allergies make it difficult to breathe, cause congestion or sinus infection.
- Allergies or asthma interfere with your quality of life or daily activities.
- You experience seasonal allergy or hay fever symptoms.
- Your asthma is not well controlled.
Allergy Treatment Steps
1. Schedule an Appointment
The result of your immune system’s exaggerated response to a harmless substance, allergies can affect people of all ages, races and lifestyles. Making an appointment with an allergy specialist is your first step toward finally finding relief.
2. Undergo Allergy Tests
The only way to treat your allergy symptoms is to determine their exact cause; this is accomplished through a series of allergy tests:
- Skin prick test
- Intradermal test
- Blood test
3. Create a Treatment Plan
Allergies can be treated through prevention, medication or immunotherapy.
- Prevention involves avoiding contact with the allergen that triggers your symptoms.
- Medications include antihistamines, decongestants, nasal sprays, eye drops and corticosteroids.
- Immunotherapy involves building up a tolerance to an allergen by introducing it to the body in small doses over a period of time through shots, drops or tablets.
Allergies aren’t always as obvious as they might appear, and OTC treatments may not be the best option. We can determine the true cause of your allergies and help you choose a targeted allergy treatment that works for you. Breathe easy. Schedule today.